In this article, we are going to share Formal clothes for men. Read the article till last to get a better vision.
When it comes to speaking of formals and men, we all have that movie stills coming running back to our minds. Interestingly, The Bond Movies or the X-Men have captured our brains with the black power suits and the ray bans. Clearly, our imaginations run to that point when we hear of formals and men. But let us put it clear and crisp here. Not only men’s formal wear styles are far beyond just movies and celebrities but also they are greater in fashion and its variants. We, through this blog aim at bringing in this interesting world of stylish and regal formal clothes for men to the correct light.
- A little bit from the past: Travelling back the history lane, men mainly around Europe were at attendance of Black tie and White tie importance. Indeed we are talking of the time when fashion was evolving and being seen in fashion-aware clothes meant a higher-class.
- In addition to the above, formal wear always had to be a white tie outfit. Also this meant that white tie-tail coat combo had the prominence.
- At the same time, the black tie outfit (dinner attires, the Tux etc.) came under the semi-formals.
It should be noted that in our present times, there is little difference between this above-mentioned classification. Also, every of the above-mentioned attires is now considered formal anyway.
Formal Clothes for men: Understanding the layers
According to the Haute Couture Majesty of Men’s fashion- Tom Ford, “Tuxedo is the heart of a formal men’s dress”. In addition, when it comes to a more elaborate occasion of celebration or even business, a bow tie adds a regal touch. For example, for an awards function commemorating your achievement or a wedding celebration, this is the right pick.
Having said that,
- Choosing the royal combo- A tail coat+ A crisp white shirt+ A stylish bow tie for the prior mentioned instances is a fantastic idea.
- Alternatively, wearing a black tie outfit (formal black blazer+ matching shaded Cummerbund+ a sleek black bow tie) for comparatively less decorous times is an easy pick and choose.
- Also, when it is the day time, formal men’s attire can include a waist coat and subtle striped trousers too. And also a less formal morning-coat and a relaxed coloured tux can also be worn.
What and what not to- Formal clothes for men
It is extremely important that you wear the formal attires in the right way and in the exact combo as it is meant to be. Let’s see a few important points and keep it in reference for the next time you have to get yourself dressed formally in a spruced-up style.
- Do it right
- Firstly, always make sure you are well-known with the tuxedo you will be wearing (how to wear it (the proper layering), how to carry it etc.).
- Pair your tie or bow-tie in accordance with the occasion and in matching with the outfit
along with the formal pants for men.
- Most importantly, make sure your formal suit fits you like a glove. Making it too clingy or wearing it like a tent ruins the look and makes you the laughing-stock of the town.
- Without a doubt, it is always advisable to know how to wear your bow-tie/traditional tie yourself. Referring you the social media is the best way for this.
- Passionately and importantly make sure you own your own tux/suit set. Do not rent it unless it’s a life and death situation
- Know the Don’ts
- First and foremost, please do not cobble together an outfit other than the classic combo of the formal attire. Don’t swap the black bowtie for a pastel shade or the classic white shirt for a printed casual one.
- Always, we mean always stand by the classic style and look being the well-groomed and trim gentleman you are. Be the chic one nailing the men’s formal wear styles.
- Secondly, never cut back on your grooming regime. When going for a look in formal clothes for men for eternity stay well groomed, smell immaculate and look subtly elegant.
Out top picks: Men’s formal wear styles 2021
Not only wearing crisp formal garb is game-changing but also it captures the onlooker’s attention. Either it be a stern business meeting or a fine formal gala, you make your presence felt and your point heard with your spotless outfit. In this section, we give our top 5 picks for you guys to nail your formal pant shirt style 2021 with ease and fashion.
Read Also: how to dress to college in 2021
- The classic business suit
Nothing can go wrong with this style. Be it to a super serious business meeting or on your way to a black-tie gala or even a formal wedding, this specific mix will never ever let you down.
Our Suggestion: Navy/Grey self striped blazer and matching formal pants for men+ white/Off-white plain shirt+ Formal leather Derbys in black/Stone grey shades.
- Combining two traditional: The navy and the grey
A traditional cool look, this combination has stood the test of time. Not only has this colour combination an edgier element but also this gives you a fancy cool look too. Clearly for the creative feel, this look gives you a softer shade with a sharp feel to your finished look
Our Suggestion: Grey slacks+ Navy shaded coat+ Off-white shirt+ A pair of ash grey Brogues.
- Nailing the conference chic
Definitely, this is a combination that no man can go wrong in. A great choice for formal clothes for men, this style nails the business meeting fashion. Also, let us not forget the fact that this magical outfit arrangement will help you nail your corporate-interview look and at the same time give you an frame over others.
Our Suggestion: Stone Grey trousers+ Sky-blue shirt+ Indigo blue tie+ Dark brown leather Oxfords
- Marrying the Khaki and Suede
Another of a classic match, this combination shies away from the usual formal mixes. But let us say here, wed these two shades and a great dapper outfit is born. Perfect for the creative people to dress up and for the business style guys to dress down, this is a perfect way to balance your otherwise mundane office attires.
Our suggestion: Khaki Blazer+ White pin stripe shirt+ Match trousers (one or two shade lighter than the jacket)+ Suede lace-up shoes/Pull-Ons+ Matching waist belt (in sync with the loafers).
- The timeless mix
We all agree, clearly the white and navy blue combo is forever a classic look. It is romantic, it is timeless, it is presentable and at the same time it is very formal. Without a doubt you can blindly believe in this mix.
Our suggestion: Navy corduroy trousers+ Crisp white shirt+ Dark-Chocó Brown Loafers+ A matching style fitted blazer (preferably to that of the footwear).
Summing it up:
Nailing the Men’s style formals is a walk in the park if you know it right. Furthermore, please make sure to avoid rugged, punkish or gaudy accessories at all costs for this specific appearance. Last but not the least, try not to sync with your plus one. Whether it is a date or a fancy event, let your attire speak for itself having its own highlight. Make your outfit speak for you… Create that grandeur and spruce attitude fastening the stylish 2021 formal clothes for men with your style and unwavering well-groomed stance.